The Museum Ludwig, like all other municipal museums in Cologne, will be closed temporarily. No in-person events will take place unfortunately. However, the museum will remain active on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Events such as the Late Night Thursday or the KunstBewusst talks will take place online. For further information on the events please visit our calendar.
Tickets are valid for same-day admission to the permanent collection galleries and all special exhibitions.
Reduced*: €7.50 €
Kids + Teens up to 18 years of age: free admission
Groups: €7.50 per person (minimum 20 people)
People with 50% degree of disability and above: €6.00
First Thursday of the month**: €7 (free admission for Cologne inhabitants)
Payment methods: cash, debit and credit card
Are available here (including a round-trip ticket for public transportation to the museum)
Andy Warhol Now
Please note that tickets for the Andy Warhol exhibition are only available with an assigned entry time and time slot. The exhibition can only be visited during the reserved time slot. Time slot tickets for Andy Warhol Now will be available starting shortly before the opening of the exhibition on our website (museum-ludwig.de) and at the ticket desk in the museum.
- Children and young people up to 18 years old
- Schoolchildren (individually)
- Students in school classes, including two accompanying persons per class
- Holders of the Künstlerkarte für Kölner Künstler*innen
- Art history students enrolled at a university in Cologne or Bonn
- Refugees, plus one accompanying person
- Holders of the Förderkarte der Museen der Stadt Köln
- Cologne residents on their birthday
- Holders of the Köln-Pass
- Members of the following associations:
- Freunde des Wallraf-Richartz-Museum und Museum Ludwig e.V.
- Gesellschaft für Moderne Kunst am Museum Ludwig e.V.
- International Council of Museums (ICoM)
- Verband Deutscher Kunsthistoriker e.V.
- Deutscher Museumsbund e.V.
- Bundesverband Museumspädagogik e.V.
- University students
- Military service and alternative service members
- Members of the Verband Bildender Künstler (in Germany and internationally)
- Members of the Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildendenden Künste
- Youth leaders in volunteer organizations
- For Cologne residents: free admission from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Discounted admission for everyone else from 5 p.m. on —for only €7
Free admission to the permanent collection and all special exhibitions (including two accompanying persons per class)
People with severe disabilities (50% degree of disability and above) receive a 50% discount on the current full admission price. Please show your disability card at the ticket desk.
KölnCard holders enjoy a 20% discount on admission to all municipal museums in Cologne.
The MuseumCard includes admission to all municipal museums in Cologne on two consecutive opening days.
- Single MuseumCard: €18.00
- Family MuseumCard: €30.00
The annual ticket allows you to enjoy art and culture as often as you like. For twelve months, six days a week, you can visit all nine municipal museums in Cologne and the Archaeological Zone.
Permanent collections and special exhibitions
Permanent collections without special exhibitions
More information on the annual ticket to the Cologne municipal museums is available here.
Visitors can enjoy reduced admission upon presentation of a Thalys ticket at the ticket desk.