The Museum Ludwig is open. You can visit the permanent collection, the Sisi in Private and Betye Saar exhibitions. The Pop-Art / Fluxus area is currently closed for renovations.
It is not necessary to submit a negative corona test.
For your own safety and for the benefit of everyone, only come to the Museum Ludwig if you feel healthy. We look forward to your visit!
Tuesday to Thursday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Every first Thursday of the month: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Reduced*: €7.50 €
Kids + Teens up to 18 years of age: free admission
Groups: €7.50 per person (minimum 20 people)
People with 50% degree of disability and above: €6.00
First Thursday of the month**: €7 (free admission for Cologne inhabitants)
Payment methods: cash, debit and credit card
Are available here (including a round-trip ticket for public transportation to the museum).
- Children and young people up to 18 years old
- Schoolchildren (individually)
- Students in school classes, including two accompanying persons per class
- Holders of the Künstlerkarte für Kölner Künstler*innen
- Art history students enrolled at a university in Cologne or Bonn
- Refugees, plus one accompanying person
- Holders of the Förderkarte der Museen der Stadt Köln
- Cologne residents on their birthday
- Holders of the Köln-Pass
- Members of the following associations:
- Freunde des Wallraf-Richartz-Museum und Museum Ludwig e.V.
- Gesellschaft für Moderne Kunst am Museum Ludwig e.V.
- International Council of Museums (ICoM)
- Verband Deutscher Kunsthistoriker e.V.
- Deutscher Museumsbund e.V.
- Bundesverband Museumspädagogik e.V.
- For Cologne residents: free admission from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Discounted admission for everyone else from 5 p.m. on —for only €7
The MuseumCard includes admission to all municipal museums in Cologne on two consecutive opening days.
- Single MuseumCard: €18.00
- Family MuseumCard: €30.00
The annual ticket allows you to enjoy art and culture as often as you like. For twelve months, six days a week, you can visit all nine municipal museums in Cologne and the Archaeological Zone.
Permanent collections and special exhibitions
Permanent collections without special exhibitions
More information on the annual ticket to the Cologne municipal museums is available here.
Visitors can enjoy reduced admission upon presentation of a Thalys ticket at the ticket desk.