It is not necessary to submit a negative corona test.
For your own safety and for the benefit of everyone, only come to the Museum Ludwig if you feel healthy. We look forward to your visit!
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Mondays
Every first Thursday of the month: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Extended opening hours for the Picasso exhibition
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed on December 24th and 31st, 2021 and January 1st, 2022.
To visit the Picasso exhibition you must book a timeslot ticket online before visiting us.
You can book your ticket here.
Adults: €13 plus advance booking fees
Reduced*: €8.50 € plus advance booking fees
Kids + Teens up to 18 years of age: free admission
Groups: €7.50 per person (minimum 20 people)
People with 50% degree of disability and above: €6.50 plus advance booking fees
First Thursday of the month**: €7 after 5 p.m. (free admission for Cologne inhabitants)
- Children and young people up to 18 years old
- Schoolchildren (individually)
- Students in school classes, including two accompanying persons per class
- Holders of the Künstlerkarte für Kölner Künstler*innen
- Art history students enrolled at a university in Cologne or Bonn
- Refugees, plus one accompanying person
- Holders of the Förderkarte der Museen der Stadt Köln
- Cologne residents on their birthday
- Holders of the Köln-Pass
- Members of the following associations:
- Freunde des Wallraf-Richartz-Museum und Museum Ludwig e.V.
- Gesellschaft für Moderne Kunst am Museum Ludwig e.V.
- International Council of Museums (ICoM)
- Verband Deutscher Kunsthistoriker e.V.
- Deutscher Museumsbund e.V.
- Bundesverband Museumspädagogik e.V.
- University students
- People on military or federal voluntary service
- Members of the Verband Bildender Künstler (in Germany and internationally)
- Members of the Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildendenden Künste
- Youth leaders in volunteer organizations
- For Cologne residents: free admission from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Discounted admission for everyone else from 5 p.m. on —for only €7
Free admission to the permanent collection and all special exhibitions (including two accompanying persons per class)
People with severe disabilities (50% degree of disability and above) receive a 50% discount on the current full admission price. Please show your disability card at the ticket desk.
KölnCard holders enjoy a 20% discount on admission to all municipal museums in Cologne.
The MuseumCard includes admission to all municipal museums in Cologne on two consecutive opening days.
- Single MuseumCard: €18.00
- Family MuseumCard: €30.00
The annual ticket allows you to enjoy art and culture as often as you like. For twelve months, six days a week, you can visit all nine municipal museums in Cologne and the Archaeological Zone.
Permanent collections and special exhibitions
Permanent collections without special exhibitions
More information on the annual ticket to the Cologne municipal museums is available here.
Visitors can enjoy reduced admission upon presentation of a Thalys ticket at the ticket desk.